About FXCM, Inc. (“FXCM”)
With operations and offices around the world, FXCM has built strong execution relationships with multiple global banks and financial institutions. FXCM receives and is able to pass on the benefits of size, better prices, and better execution to our clients.
FXCM’s trading volume is among the highest in the industry compared to other Forex Dealer Members. In an over-the-counter market where traders must rely on the strength and integrity of their dealer in order to fulfill obligations on their forex transactions, size does matter. Size and sophistication dictate access to Interbank prices. The sheer volume and order flow has enabled FXCM to build strong execution relationships with some of the world’s largest banks and financial institutions. As a result, FXCM receives and is able to pass on the benefits of size to our clients. FXCM strives to maintain tight dealing spreads and to quote aggressively at all times.
The FX Trading Station represents an evolution of Foreign Exchange trading. The FX Trading Station combines power and functionality, providing rapid trade execution from streaming two-way prices. In 2009, FXCM was awarded “Best Retail Platform for E-FX” by FX Week.
FXCM provides online margin foreign exchange trading services to private clients around the world. Clients have 24-hour online access to the foreign exchange markets through the FXCM Trading Station. The foreign exchange markets trade actively on a continuous basis from Sunday afternoon at Asia Market open through Friday night when the US Market closes for the week (ET) which provides virtually unlimited opportunities to engage in an actively moving market. FXCM provides competitive pricing and market access with a high level of client support. Clients of FXCM receive professional support with services available in more than a dozen languages. Most languages are available 24 hours a day.
The companies that make up FXCM Inc. are regulated in multiple jurisdictions, including;
- United States (New York, Plano & San Francisco): Forex Capital Markets, LLC is a registered Futures Commission Merchant (â€FCMâ€) and Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer (â€œRFEDâ€) with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (â€CFTCâ€) and is a member of the National Futures Association (NFA #0308179).
- Hong Kong: FXCM Asia Ltd. is a licensed Leveraged Foreign Exchange Dealer with the Hong Kong Securities Futures Commission (SFC CE #AIM232)
- United Kingdom: Forex Capital Markets Limited is authorised and regulated with the Financial Services Authority of the United Kingdom. (FSA #217689).
- Australia: FXCM Australia Limited is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. (AFSL # 309763, ARBN #121934432).
- France: Forex Capital Markets Limited, which operates under the commercial name FXCM France, as a branch of a UK investment firm. FXCM France is partially authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of the United Kingdom, and is registered with the AutoritÃ© de ContrÃ´le Prudentiel (ACP), as the branch of Forex Capital Markets Ltd. In addition, FXCM is also subject to the regulatory authority in the following areas respectively cited: ACP – Regulating Anti – Money Laundering and AutoritÃ© des MarchÃ©s Financiers (AMF) – RÃ¨gles de conduite et Principes d’ExÃ©cution (Rules of Conduct and Principles of Implementation). FSA Registration Number: 217689 | Interbank Code: 19843.
- Dubai: FXCM DMCC is regulated by the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre and is a Broker Member on the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (License #31171)
- Italy: Forex Capital Markets Limited, which operates under the commercial name FXCM Italy, is both authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and also by the Commissione Nazionale per le Societa e la Borsa (CONSOB) of Italy, as a branch of a UK based investment firm. FSA Registration Number: 217689 â€” CONSOB: Numero 76 di Iscrizione allÂ´Elenco delle imprese comunitarie con succursale.
- Germany: Forex Capital Markets Limited, which operates under the commercial name FXCM Germany, is partially authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of the United Kingdom, and partially by the Bundesanstalt fÃ¼r Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin) of Germany, as a branch of a UK based investment firm. | FSA Register-Nummer: 217689 | BaFin Register-Nummer: 122556.
- Greece: Forex Capital Markets Limited, which operates under the commercial name FXCM Hellas, is partially authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and partially by the Hellenic Capital Markets Commission (HCMC). FSA Registration Number: 217689.
Please note that there are regulatory differences between the entities listed above. As such, some of the features referenced in this user guide may not be available on accounts of certain entities. Namely, hedging, the ability to place stop-loss or limit orders, and the ability to close positions from the open positions window are not available to account of Forex Capital Markets, LLC (FXCM US) as of August 2nd 2009.
All references to “FXCM” refer to FXCM Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries.